All-on-4 ™: A Revolutionary Dental Implant Technique
If you wear dentures or need many or all of your teeth replaced, perhaps you’ve been dreading the dental implant procedure—or have been told that you’re not a candidate.
Here’s some great news: Bergen Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery offers the All-on-4 ™ dental implant technique, and almost anyone is a candidate. This revolutionary process was created by Dr. Paulo Malo, with whom all of the surgeons at Bergen Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery trained with to master the art and science of this revolutionary new implant procedure.
What is All-on-4?
Put simply, All-on-4™ refers to a procedure wherein the patient receives a new, non-removable bridge supported by only four strategically placed dental implants (as opposed to six, eight, or more, as older techniques relied upon). Even better, patients can receive this surgery in one day.
During this procedure, we use state-of-the-art technology and 3D imaging to identify the best positioning and angulation for implants. We maximize support for the bridges using patients’ existing bone volume.
Here are some of the most important things to know about the All-on-4™ dental implant procedure:
- Fixed and functional – Once in place, teeth will be cleaned and maintained similar to natural teeth.
- Natural bite – These dental implants allow one to eat foods that would be difficult, if not impossible, to enjoy with dentures (such as steak, corn on the cob, and raw fruits and vegetables).
- Comfortable – Teeth cannot fall out and do not rest solely on the gums, removing any problem of discomfort or inflammation.
- Protect the bone – Dental implants can stop bone loss in the jaw, making bridge maintenance a thing of the past.
- No more bone grafting surgery needed – Because the All-on-4 technique strategically places the implants, our team can usually find sufficient support from the patient’s existing bone volume. This means that patients do not have to go through a bone grafting surgery in order to receive full dental implants.
- Upper, lower, or both – Patients can replace upper or lower teeth—or choose a full mouth reconstruction. Yes, this can still be accomplished in one day!
So, what’s involved?
During an initial consultation, we assess the patient’s medical history, age-related diseases, and state of oral health to determine whether they are a candidate for All-on-4™ implants. Luckily, this procedure is effective with most patients. Once we decide to go forward, we schedule the surgery and make plans to see the patient during a series of follow-up appointments. It really is that simple.
Bergen Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery was the first oral surgery practice to offer the All-on-4™ procedure in the U.S., and we trained closely with Dr. Malo and his research and educational teams in Lisbon, Portugal. We are excited to offer this groundbreaking dental implant procedure to our patients here in the tri-state area.
If you have questions about the All-on-4™ procedure or would like to schedule a consultation, call us at one of our convenient locations: Hackensack: 201.343.8297, Westwood: 201.664.5656, or Ridgewood: 201.444.4137.