Are you ready for a new smile?
Your smile is a big part of your physical appearance in any social situation. From work meetings to parties to family gatherings, your smile is part of who you are. Your smile is important, and there’s nothing vain about wanting to repair it when an accident or oral health issue causes you to lose one or more teeth. When you’re ready to make your smile new again, dental implants are a smart choice for a permanent solution.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are a modern tooth replacement system made up of three parts:
- While most people think of the new tooth when thinking about dental implants, the implant is actually the titanium screw that is placed into the jawbone to replace the natural roots of your tooth.
- Once your implant has healed completely and fused to the bone, an abutment is tightened into the implant to create a post for installing the prosthetic tooth (crown).
- Your new crown attaches to the abutment using a tiny screw or dental cement. Crowns are manufactured to match the color of your other teeth, so nobody has to know you are missing a tooth.
Advantages of dental implants
In addition to looking great and boosting your self-esteem, dental implants provide a number of oral health benefits by:
- Restoring your ability to bite and chew your favorite foods.
- Protecting your jawbone from bone deterioration
- Preserving the health of adjacent teeth and gums
- Improving the stability of adjacent teeth
Dental implants are highly successful
Dental implant surgery offers a very high success rate. Approximately 98% of all patients experience a successful outcome, and those who may be at greater risk for failure will be notified of their risk factors prior to receiving treatment.
If you’re ready for a new smile, the first step is to schedule an initial examination and consultation with your oral surgeon. Your doctor will determine your candidacy based on visual inspection and diagnostic imagery and present treatment options to help you love your smile again.