We hope that you’re doing well and staying safe during this unprecedented crisis.
We want you to know that we are here for you as we all navigate our way through and beyond this global pandemic. It is our goal to ensure the safety of our patients and provide you with optimal support. As you know, our offices have remained open throughout this ordeal with limited hours for your patients with truly urgent needs, and we thank you for your continued confidence in referring those patients.
The primary goals of the COVID-19 restrictions placed on dental offices were to curb exposure to doctors, patients and staff by cutting out elective procedures, as well as to preserve the initial limited supply of personal protective equipment (PPE), i.e. N95 Masks, sterile gowns, etc. Now that we have been able to procure a sufficient amount of PPE and have had enough time to implement the newly recommended infection control protocols to our offices, we are pleased to announce that we have increased our capacity to handle “essential procedures” and we will be extending office hours starting Monday, May 18th.
As we continue to plan for this “new normal” and prepare to move forward together in the best way possible, we want to keep you informed about some of the latest changes your patient’s will experience in our offices.
We have implemented infection control measures in all our offices above and beyond recommendations from the ADA, CDC, and OSHA. We are constantly updating our patients on what to expect including the measures below:
- Prior to our patient’s arrival, we provide online registration and questionnaires to help minimize unnecessary contact. We will also reach out via phone to help guide them through our new process.
- We have employed social distancing within our staff and amongst patients. Our patients will find themselves in private seating for safe distancing. They will also be guided through our new patient flow, including contactless temperature, screening, and use of gloves and masks as needed.
- Patients will notice that all staff will be wearing masks for their protection. Our front desks are lined with glass partitions to create a zone of comfort for our patients. Dual HEPA and carbon air purifiers will be in use in public areas, while we also frequently disinfect all public items.
- Our staff and personnel will wear upgraded all PPE and we have taken every precaution to ensure safety. In the operatory, our staff wears an N95 mask, surgical mask, eye protection, hair cover, full face shield, disposable gowns, and shoe covers.
- We offer our patients an antibiotic oral preparation prior to procedure, as well as applying a patient drape for their protection.
- Disinfection of our operatories are of high importance, and we have implemented a safe and effective system which encompasses judicious use of disinfection wipes, minimizing items on countertops, and utilizing the highly effective low volume fogger with hypochlorous solution.
We greatly value your trust and confidence in BOMS and wanted to thank you for your continued support during this critical time. We look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends. Please reach out to us if you have any questions at all.
Bergen Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery