Five ideas to improve practice marketing
While most dentists like acquiring new patients, not all enjoy all the legwork that goes into marketing their practice.
Here are five simple tips to improve your marketing efforts that don’t require a substantial commitment of money or time.
1. Encourage patients to engage on your social media pages
An interactive social media page is a great way to improve your online presence. Informative articles, special offers and practice updates are a great way to tee up two-way communication with your patients. Help the conversation get started by:
- Posing questions: the easiest way to encourage patients to comment on a post is to ask them to do so.
- Running a poll: social media followers love to vote
- Quizzing your followers on oral health related topics
- Asking patients to write a review: the more patients that rate or review your practice the better
2. Take a few minutes to respond to positive online reviews
Responding to positive comments increases the effectiveness of the review and gives you the chance to highlight specific points you’d like to see reinforced.
3. Create videos
Videos are a great tool for interaction and showcasing your practice. Create more videos and upload them to YouTube and other social media sites, and link to them in your email newsletters.
4. Update the images on your website
If you can’t remember the last time you updated the images on your website there’s a good chance they’re outdated. You don’t want prospective patients to land on your website and feel like it’s 1999. A photo audit is especially important if you were the original photographer. Hiring a professional is a wise investment that can make a real difference in the branding of your website.
5. Try something new
Set aside money in your marketing budget every year to try something new. You might be surprised by getting results from a tactic you never thought would work.